Video Tour: Music Therapy & Teaching Studio

by Rachel on May 24, 2011

After two great years in my home studio, we’re down to the last 4 days. It’s hard to believe! Originally I was planning to wait until the end of the week (which is also the end of the spring semester) to move most of my things into the new space, but I decided to make the next couple of weeks a little easier on myself.

So I spent most of this past weekend moving my desk, instruments, electronics, and decor into the new studio…leaving behind just my piano and the bare essentials I’d need for this week’s lessons and music therapy sessions.

It’s a little bittersweet, seeing my original studio so empty. But I’m SO excited to reveal the new one — it’s shaping up beautifully!

Welcome to the World: Personalized Lullaby Set

Songbook: Tapping, Shaking, Music Making!

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Roia May 24, 2011 at 7:28 am

What a lovely studio, Rachel! I can imagine it would be hard to leave it. My first thought was, “my WORD, that girl is organized!” but then I felt so much better when I saw your junk drawer. I tend to live on the “junk drawer” principle. Ahem. We’ll leave it at that. My second thought was, if there’s ever a castanet or shaker egg emergency, I am SO heading to Rachel-land! :- )
Thanks for the tour!

Rachel May 24, 2011 at 8:04 am

Thank you, Roia! I almost decided not to post the video BECAUSE of that junk drawer…I’m glad to hear I’m not the only person who has one. And you are always welcome to my endless supply of shakers and castanets ;)

Julie Parker Neal May 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Oh, my! I have several junk drawers, so please don’t be ashamed of this one! I am definitely a piler, not a filer. :-) Impressed with your organization!

I am very interested in the books you showed – I have a few, but need many more. When you put that list together, send it my way, please!

Nice tour. Can’t wait to see the new space!

Rachel May 24, 2011 at 3:25 pm

YES! Another member of the junk drawer club! I will definitely put that list together and post it soon. Thanks, Julie :)

Leslie May 24, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Rachel,

I think it would be GREAT to have a list of the books you find useful – hope you post soon! Thanks.

Rachel May 24, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Will do, Leslie!!

Gladys May 24, 2011 at 8:28 pm

i am now officially a fan of your orderliness… and i love that set of colorful drawers. :D

Rachel May 24, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Even with my junk drawer? ;) Thanks Gladys! I got the colorful drawers on super sale during Black Friday at Shopko.

Gladys May 24, 2011 at 10:12 pm

i could not imagine a single person i know who does not have more than one junk drawer. there’s always gotta be a place for the mishmash. :)