Some days just cry out for a cup of Starbucks coffee, don’t you think? Today is one of them: a cold, cloudy Saturday with a long to-do list awaiting my attention. Luckily, I received over $100 in Starbucks gift cards from my lovely students for Christmas, so each cup of coffee is like a little present.
Most mornings, I chug down my Cuisinart-brewed cup of Dunkin’ Donuts Hazelnut coffee (heavenly) while getting ready for work. But on Saturdays, I can actually take my time and enjoy every sip while I read the paper and catch up on my favorite blogs.
Maybe I’ll make today’s order a double, because here’s what I’m planning to accomplish over the next few hours:
- Record vocals for 6 new songs for Songs For Teaching
- Plan, record, and edit tomorrow’s Sunday Singalong video
- Record a Q&A video for Andrew Knight’s UND music therapy class
- Create my February session plans for school & private practice
- Burn countless supplemental music therapy CDs
- Finally tackle my December bookkeeping
- Answer reader emails
All of this by 5 pm, at which time I’ll need to get ready for date night (!) with my husband. Ambitious? Yes. Impossible? No…especially since I’ll have a little help from my grande skinny hazelnut latte. Which begs the question: what is your drink (Starbucks or otherwise) of choice?