Here are 13 highlights of the national American Music Therapy Association conference thus far, in chronological order:
- Arriving in sunny Dan Diego!
- Finally meeting fellow music therapy blogger Kimberly Sena Moore and sharing a conversation-filled dinner.
- Reuniting with Michelle Erfurt and getting to meet her awesome hubby.
- Seeing my songbook in person for the first time. We’re talking squeals of joy!
- Watching people buy aforementioned songbook in front of my eyes.
- Listening to a fascinating lecture about the link between music neuroscience and music therapy. More to come on this later!
- Attending the first ever music therapy tweet-up and meeting some new friends.
- Learning the ins and outs of applying for a national roster internship.
- Having the presenter of that session recognize my name and congratulate me on my aforementioned songbook publication. Too cool!
- Getting together with fellow Illinois State University alumni and faculty and having a blast reminiscing and catching up.
- Eating a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, courtesy of the ISU music department!
- Blogging before bed…gotta get my fix, you know.
- Knowing that my first session doesn’t begin until 9:30 am tomorrow.
There is still much more fun to be had over the next 1.5 days, including my presentation, Music Therapy in the Blogosphere, on Sunday morning. I will continue facebooking and twittering (yes, those are both verbs) throughout it all, so that you can all get in on the conference action!