As a birthday present to myself, I’m taking a break from the usual “Sunday Singalong” video — mainly because I haven’t had a chance to make one this week! After wrapping up my last day of work on Thursday, doing double duty as maid of honor and vocalist in a wedding on Friday, and attending another wedding yesterday, I think I deserve a day to just chill with my friends and family.
This is the third birthday I’ve celebrated at Listen & Learn, which I find incredibly hard to believe! I’ve written about turning 26, turning 27, and now the big 2-8. It’s true what they say…time flies when you’re having fun. This year is going to be an exciting one filled with lots of new adventures, but before I get to those, here a few highlights from my 27th year:
- Releasing my first studio album
- Taking a 2nd anniversary trip to Chicago
- Becoming an internship supervisor
- Celebrating my brother’s wedding
- Presenting my first CMTE at AMTA National Conference
- Hosting my family on Christmas for the first time
- Becoming self-employed and expanding my business
There are lots more highlights I could list, but I’m out of time! My family and friends are getting together for an afternoon birthday celebration in just a little bit. I’ll report back at to whether or not I receive the items on my birthday wish list, though all I really care about is being with the people I love :) Happy Sunday to you, whether or not it’s your birthday!