I’ve noticed a common theme among the songs that I’ve been choosing for both my students and myself lately. While there have been a few exceptions, most have been songs that just make me feel really good, whether I’m singing them or just listening. Judging by my students’ feedback and performance, I think the songs have the same effect on them!
Summer is all about having fun and enjoying life, in my opinion, so here are the top 10 songs (in no particular order) that are helping me do just that at the moment.
- “King of Anything” by Sara Bareilles
- “Better Together” by Jack Johnson
- “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
- “Sing” from Sesame Street
- “Blackbird” by the Beatles
- “Any Dream Will Do” from Joseph
- “Change the World” by Eric Clapton
- “Don’t Rain on My Parade” from Funny Girl
- “Be OK” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “Shower the People” by James Taylor
The more I brainstormed, the longer my list grew…but I’ll stop there and leave the question open to YOU. What are your favorite feel-good songs at the moment?