Today is the first completely and utterly BLUE day we’ve seen in months. When I say blue, I don’t mean blue skies; I mean blue as in clouds and pouring rain. A real bummer of a day, truth be told.
So why in the world is this the topic of today’s Friday Fave? Well for one, we really needed the rain. And two, this blue day gives me the perfect opportunity to participate in Music Sparks’ Blue Challenge!
I’m always putting together playlists to suit or shape my mood (for example, here are 10 songs that just make me feel good), so why not make one for a blue day like today? I have a long list of projects to work on before my first student arrives this afternoon, so here are the tunes that will serve as my soundtrack:
- Set Fire to the Rain (Adele)
- Ain’t No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
- Fire and Rain (James Taylor)
- Have You Ever Seen the Rain (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
- Rainy Days and Mondays (The Carpenters)
- Blue (LeAnn Rimes)
- Rain Roll In (Eilen Jewell)
- Rhapsody in Blue (Gershwin)
- Rain is a Good Thing (Luke Bryan)
- Singing in the Rain (Gene Kelly)
It’s funny, but as I listened to these songs, I actually started to feel less and less blue. Surprising, considering every one of these songs has either the word “blue” or “rain” in the title! What songs are on your “blue day” playlist?
Fellow bloggers: you should participate in the “Blue Challenge” over at Music Sparks, too. You still have two days to do so! A big thanks to JoAnn Jordan and Laura Crum for coming up with such a fun idea.