Way the heck back in October of 2009, I posted a list of Facebook pages that I think every music therapist should follow. I still recommend all of them, which you can find right here.
But since that was almost two years ago, it’s high time to share my updated list with you. So in no particular order, here are the Facebook pages that you need to go “like” — right after you finish reading my blog :)
- Music Therapy Connections – Yes, I am shamelessly self-promoting right now. But hopefully you’ve already liked my page!
- Music Therapy Round Table – The latest from the ladies of the Music Therapy Round Table, comprised of myself, Michelle Erfurt, and Kimberly Sena Moore. I suppose this counts as another shameless self-promotion…
- Sound Health Music – Kat Fulton is a music therapy and percussion rock star. She has some exciting projects coming down the pipes that you’ll definitely want to hear about.
- Sonic Divinity – If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Tim Ringgold or learning from him, you have been missing out. Go like his new music therapy business page to get in the know.
- Wholesome Harmonies Music Therapy – Amy Kalas just recently got her new website up and running, and has been on fire! Check out her Facebook page for all kinds of resourceful info.
- Mundana Music Therapy – Megan and Kim are the music therapists behind one of my favorite blogs. They have just embarked on an exciting adventure, which you can follow via their page.
- Music Sparks – JoAnn Jordan is one of the most creative and hardworking people I know. It seems that she has a new song or activity to share just about every day. I’m in awe!
- American Music Therapy Association – Stay up to date with the latest AMTA happenings right on Facebook.
- Certification Board for Music Therapists – CBMT has a Facebook page as well! An endless well of useful information about our profession.
- The Music Therapy Center of California – I love watching the videos that are frequently posted here, along with tons of pictures. Music Therapy in action!
Okay, so help me out here: which pages am I missing? Leave your favorite Facebook pages to follow in the comments below, including your own if I have left it off the list.
I’m flattered & grateful to be included! The resources on the web have enriched the services I offer my clients.
I’m grateful for all the wonderful info and resources you provide, JoAnn! Thanks!
Thanks for including my facebook page, Rachel! This is a great list. Super helpful to put it all together here. Thank you for providing great resources!
Don’t mention it, Kat! Thanks for all of the great stuff you put out there for the rest of us :)
Thanks so much for including us in your post!! It’s so cool to see us listed among so many other amazing resources! You’re the best!
Of COURSE, Megan! You and Kim have such great material to share, and I can’t wait to see what else you come up with in the future!
Thanks for the great list, Rachel! There were 5 that I added to my “likes” list, and I’m excited to get their updates! If I could do a bit of shameless self-promotion as well…. I have a long way to go to reach your level of blog and FB activity, but I’ve been working hard on it and have plans to do more soon. There aren’t many GIM music therapists out there with FB pages and websites that I’ve found, so I’m slightly in the minority. But hopefully others will find my info and resources helpful and interesting!
You’re welcome Stephanie! And thank YOU for adding you page to this list – I went over and “liked it” just now! Looking forward to all of your posts :)
Is there room for a Canadian?? https://www.facebook.com/jbmusictherapyinc – includes posts from our Music Speaks Blog by JB Music Therapy (celebrating 20 years in September 2011)
Thanks for all you do to raise the bar of professional services by music therapists. Warm Regards, Jennifer
YES!!! Thanks for the heads-up, Jennifer. I just went and “liked” your page and I hope everyone else who reads this does, too! Wow, 20 years? AMAZING. Congrats to you!
Rachel! Thank you so much for mentioning me in this blog!! I am so honored to be included in this list :)
You are so welcome, Amy! I love keeping up with your blog!
thanks Rachel – what vibrancy your site is filled with!