After reading the inaugural issue of Imagine — the first online magazine dedicated to early childhood music therapy — last September, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the next one. Luckily for me and the other music therapists of the world, it’s here!
Once again, I had the opportunity to submit an article to be included in the resources section. It’s called “Building Your Own Business in Early Childhood Music Therapy”. Flipping through the magazine, it’s obvious that I’m in good company. A few highlights:
- “Advocating for Music as an Essential Early Childhood Experience” by Dena Register
- “Understanding Development in Early Childhood Music Therapy” by Rebecca Wellman
- “Biddy Biddy: A Song Without Words” by Carol Ann Blank
- “Cool Music Apps for Little Ones” by Petra Kern
- “Laughter in Music Therapy and With Young Children” by Kalani Das
- “Music Therapists Talk About Self-Care: A Video Interview” by Kat Fulton
All of this excellent information in one place is getting me fired up for the American Music Therapy Association’s national conference, which is coming up in less than two months. I just booked my plane ticket last night and can’t wait to see many of the contributors to Imagine in the flesh!